This week’s episode clocks in at a scant 33 minutes, but, truly, it makes every damn moment sing. Elijah is a star. Athena Dante owes us a spinoff and the secret to getting 30 percent off at Starbucks. Dill is still a self-involved idiot, but he seems to have a real knack for cereal-box games, which redeems him the tiniest amount. Meanwhile, Marnie has faced at least some measure of the real world — and in a pawn shop, no less. And finally, if I don’t see Shosh soon, I will scream.
Without further ado, I submit these 15 questions and one wish to you. The questions are below. The wish is this: Please, oh please, god, do not make us listen to Marnie’s mom scat one more time.
1. Is Elijah the whitest dude you know?
2. We all need that friend who will mouth-scream “I don’t know!” at critical junctures in our romantic lives, don’t we?
3. If you’re really going to give your mom the finger for absconding on an impromptu trip to Jamaica, I’d think you’d want to do it in-person for maximum effect, no?
4. Who’s the last person you met who had a truly excellent name? For me, it’s Imogen Poots, although I’ve never met her, so I’m not sure she counts.
5. Have you ever lied about your age? Do tell.
6. What’s the weirdest novelty-print tee you own? If it’s better than pineapple decals, please share in the comments.
7. I feel like Marnie’s done a lot more than just “love someone,” by which I think I mean she’s done a lot less?
8. What would it take for Marnie to “get it”? Really?
9. OMG, is this the best performance since Judith Light gave us “Hand in My Pocket”? Is it better? (Okay, no it’s not, but it’s really good.)
10. Isn’t it just so perfect that after years and years of Hannah making other people’s problems about her, Dill fully coopts Hannah’s moment?
11. I mean, sometimes don’t we all just need a good, collective sob?
12. What’s your audition nightmare?
13. Could Coach T himself delivered a better address?
14. Really, Girls is going to let it be some random pawn shop owner who turns Marnie’s life around?
15. So, with Hannah’s baby, this is, like, really happening now?
Follow our Girls girl and author Mattie on Twitter @mattiekahn. Photo via HBO.