I stumble across so many treasures on the internet while finding market for other stories. Here’s where I’ll share them with you, alternating weekly between vintage/second-hand and contemporary finds. Sign up here for our Shopping Newsletter, with eight additional finds every Friday.
Last week, while doing market for this story on styling crochet, I explored tons of vintage shops and sites and while doing so, bookmarked non-crochet items I loved and wanted to share. Right now, I have an attraction towards one-of-a-kind vintage patchwork jackets so you’ll see a grouping of five favorites I came across below. I also have been on the hunt for colorful Mary Jane shoes, and I happened to find deadstock ones in various colors. In starting to think about transitional dressing, I’ve laid out jackets and Mary Janes plus other items that will be good for the chillier summer nights all the way through fall.
- This week I found a slew of patchwork jackets to wear on chilly summer nights and continuing wearing right into fall. I’d love to wear this technicolor dream coat with shorts right now and stirrup leggings later on. I’m also eyeing this patchwork blazer, which is the right amount of fun and fancy—and this one, which is the perfect fall color palette.
- Speaking of jackets, this incredible zebra-trim blazer doubles as a dress. I’d wear it buttoned as a dress to a nice dinner, or open with a little linen set underneath it. I love a dress that goes well with a pair of white sneakers or some dainty mules, and this one most definitely does.
- This darling ’80s cardigan sweater, embroidered with ribbons and pearls, would look even more darling with a detachable peter pan collar like this oversized one in vintage lace.
- Or! Wear the cardigan with this pink wool blouse with little rhinestone buttons underneath it. This 1930s blouse would also look quite amazing with loose-fitting trousers or vintage Dickies.
- Found you a pair of vintage Dickies! This upcycled pair is 30 bucks and has Allen Ginsberg quotes all over them.
- As someone who loves both crochet and vests, I found the perfect marriage of the two: this handmade vest with front lacing you can leave open or closed. And check out that square-knit back!
- I also found these pretty, colorful dresses made of deadstock material—they come in a range of sizes and in red, blue, or green. They say they’re meant for square dancing, which honestly makes me want to do just that….
- …in an adorable pair of Mary Janes. I’m eyeing the kelly green on pastel yellow ones. I love the contrast buckle. They come in medium or narrow fit because an ill-fitting shoe is not welcome here!