Hooray! It’s May! A month that, without fail, has the best mood-boosting endorphins (yes, even better than June) because May is not only high spring, it’s pre-summer. That means you get to enjoy yourself while looking forward to something without worrying about the end at the same time. It’s anxiety-free seasonal sunshine.
And that means shopping!
Though I’ve been preparing for June, I’m trying not to forget about the spectacular now. All my purchases must feel like a fit for this moment in time while also having the capacity to carry me through the end of August.
Pssh. Easy. So here’s what I’m e-cart pocketing:
– A gingham crop top with a little ruffle around the waist that’s under 50 bucks.
– A pair of white, high-waist shorts that won’t give me butt mittens.
– A “Florida” tee because it’s cute, so why not?
– A yellow, ruffle-y Hunza G suit. I’m always on the swimsuit hunt, in case you were wondering.
– Geometric acrylic earrings (really cool).
– Cheap sunglasses because I can’t be trusted.
– And these splurge-y shoes –raffia with a bamboo heel — that look unlike anything I currently own. They’re perfect.
I know I said I was enjoying the moment, but I can’t wait. Let it be summer now!
Collages by Maria Jia Ling Pitt.